While Dad was working his 84th overtime in three weeks, I took time out from my frantic race to finish by Christmas Morning and the kids and I attended a Christmas Eve gathering with his family.

We got home late and I carried three sleeping children into the house. Dad eventually came home exhausted and I carried him to bed as well. Then I burned three gallons of midnight oil and finished just before Santa gave up and flew past our house.

Here we are enjoying Santa's trail and our stockings (above) and their contents (below).

After breakfast we dove into our tree gifts. The boys major present is the map quilt in the middle. Check out my other blog for detailed pictures. (I'll post soon along with all my other December creativity).

I had to post an entire collage of Pretty Girl with her presents because she was in LOVE with them. She sat in the carseat all morning until it started unwrapping itself. The gorgeous purple afgan (and a matching sweater) are from my Aunt Rose. I wish she was a blogger so she could see how Pretty Girl snuggled with it all morning. She LOVES her blanket. And thankfully she was also pleased with her picnic basket of felt food.
Pretty girl really got the concept of gifts and unwrapping which surprised me. It was fun to watch her and you can hear the boys in the background.
Stay tuned for the boys' favorite gift. It deserves a post all it's own.







5 comments:
From what I can tell the blanket looks AMAZING!! Can't wait to see how the boys enjoyed their gift from Momma and Bahpah!!
Having seen it in person, the map blanket is very cool! I'm glad you had a good Christmas. And you can come over and carry my husband up to bed next time he accidentally falls asleep on the couch.
The blanket looks fantastic. Good job! Pretty girl is getting so big. She looks like she is so much fun.
I'm with Carrie - I want to see Lord Cornwallis face off against General George
Whoa. I am vowing to never sew again because I am so tired looking at all of your projects and thinking about staying up really really late (or early) to finish. I really dig your silky black pj bottoms. They look so slippery. What a fun looking morning! I was beginning to think that maybe you didn't have Christmas.
Post a Comment