Sunday, September 06, 2009

Long Drive Day 2 Part B

20 or so years ago, back in the day of film, my aunt snapped a darling picture of her kids (my cousins) sitting on these very stairs. On the morning we were leaving a couple of them sat to put on their shoes and she thought "Wouldn't it be fun to have a matching picture of my kids?" In theory yes. Thankfully we have entered the digital era or we would have used an entire roll of film attempting to duplicate the cuteness. I think we finally succeeded but man, there is no such thing as duplicating a candid!
We spent a LOT of time eating. My aunt is a gourmet and we enjoyed the fruits of her passion. Most memorable - the fruit. She served a fruit salad with cherries (and a bunch of other fruit) at almost every meal. I believe her attempt was to lure me into staying and it really almost worked. The boys were in love with her "good buttery toast" also served daily. And I was introduced to Julia Child and homemade puff pastry. Do you see the glee on the baby's face as she downs icecream? (Don't tell her mother. She would go ballistic).
Do these look like the faces of kids who know they are loved? There were pictures of me being loved too but you don't get to see those. Not even a full roll of film could convince the camera that I should look cute.
We were sad to leave. However, we had a lot of miles left and I couldn't wait to drive every single one of them.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: