Thursday, August 13, 2009

More fun than watching paint dry

A day in the life of a mother. When the twins were little and I was tired of all there was to do my dear husband suggested I hire help. I would have if I could have found someone to do what I needed most - I wanted someone to come in three times a day for 20 minutes, feed my babies, then clean the high chairs.
I have learned a lot about motherhood since those days. I don't feed babies anymore. It was really fun to look at the empty high chair and note on a daily basis that I wasn't cleaning it. Oh the simple joys of life.
Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out how to avoid feeding kids. And how to avoid watching them eat. You know, that whole family togetherness thing. That whole philosophy about bonding with your children. Kind of gets in the way of blogging.

So here you have it. An excerpt from my fascinating life. If you think this video is boring, you should try motherhood. After a couple years I promise boring moments like these will start to seem fascinating. The alternative is sweeping the kitchen floor.
(I believe this video was taken in March which would make her 16 months if you are curious about her sign language skills at the time).

2 comments:

THE NORRIS FAMILY said...

I don't mind watching the eating...it's just the dread of sweeping, mopping, and knowing that in a few hours I'll be doing it again. grin... but i totally agree...it's the little things that are so awesome. You're such a great mom!

Rockholme Lodge said...

She sure is cute. It's great that she takes after me, huh?!