Monday, September 01, 2008

What was lost now is found

I haven't posted in a week because I lost my camera. I was sitting lazily (er um I mean pondering life's great questions) on the couch one day and Pretty Girl was trying to eat it.

So I hid it.


Several days later I realized my blog fans were going to wither away without a post from me so I searched high and low but to no avail.

Yesterday Pretty Girl was eating the camera again. So much for hiding it from HER.


I downloaded all my pictures and the great mystery was solved. I hardly took any pictures at all. But the camera card was full of award winning shots such wonders as this action shot of Buzz Lightyear,

Wondering what I look like these days? I found this treasure. Can't tell it's me? I promise I'm the only one here who wears skirts so it must be. And I bet you will be entralled with this fascinating picture of my carpet.

Apparently I was the ONLY one who didn't know where to find the camera.

We had colds last week. Nothing horrible but enough to make us all drag. We went for a long walk one evening. The goal was just the church parking lot around the corner so the boys could ride in circles while I practiced my unicycle but instead we went to the arboretum. I did make an attempt (I figured I pushed it that whole way, might as well try).

Unicycle + bumpy wooded path + sick uncoordinated mommy = you still don't get a picture because I can't stay on long enough to let someone hit record.

We were all very bedraggled the next day. I felt like I'd run a marathon. Or at least been dragged by a rope behind someone running a marathon. See Pretty Girl awake laying back in her stroller? That NEVER happens. That's how you know she is sick. Here's a picture of her showing how horrible she feels. Unfortunately, we have a few pictures of me like that too but I'm not as cute when I look horrible so you don't get to see them.

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

I had a similar problem with my camera on my phone the other day. Mysteriuosly had over 100 pictures on it. Looked a lot like your pictures!!

Sorry you've still had sick kids. I think we are all finally better over here.

Jeanette said...

I hate it when I hide things from my baby only to forget where I put them.
My kids are both really good at taking pictures with my phone.
My son saw the Buzz picture and said "Hey! That's my Buzz!" And then went over to the shelf to make sure it was still there.

Emma Jo said...

So sorry you were all feeling so under the weather...it would have been great if the kids were sluggish but you were peppy...oh well, never happens that way. I love all the random pictures...we get that kind of stuff on our camera too. And now that Haley has figured out how to use the video feature we have really long videos that include me repremanding her and telling her to turn it off.

Rockholme Lodge said...

maybe Pat could put a couple of training wheels from one of the boys' bike on your unicycle.....you know, just until you get the hang of it.