Sunday, July 27, 2008

Why would you DO such a thing?

Everything that goes wrong around here is my fault. I accept that. Afterall, I'm the mom. Who else would you blame? I don't even mind. But I think today we reached a new low.
Tackler's special cup (the one Tante gave him for Christmas) was dirty. I don't know what was in it but it had specs of something. He came to me, cup in hand, whine in the voice and demanded,
"I didn't WANT dirt in my cup".
Oh how I wish I had the huff and contempt on tape.
Why would his first instinct tell him that I purposely PUT dirt in his cup?
I told him I thought he wanted it that way and I worked really hard to get him that dirt. Would he have preferred bugs?
Oh wait. That's a different story. I can't believe I haven't told that story yet. Make sure I do. =)

And speaking of me cleaning, I am still working on the iRobot debate.
My darling husband, as an argument against them said "They are fine for people too lazy to do the work themselves". My friend and I looked at him and said, in unison "Du-uh. That's the point".
I think Lazy is a tad harsh.
I sweep my kitchen floor on an at least daily basis and yet Mr. Neatnik can still walk in and find crumbs. I just want to do something else with my life besides sweep and vacuum.

It's been a whole week since I did something worthy of posting on
my other blog. Isn't that proof that I need a robot to sweep my kitchen?
If I could find a robot to clean my bathroom I would happily be too lazy to do that job too. It would leave me more time to put dirt in my son's cup.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Charlotte said...

First of all I am amazed at all the projects you get done.

Secondly, I know that tone of voice in my children. It drives me nuts!! I try to remember that in their minds I can do ANYTHING. If it isn't done the way they want, I must have done it that way on purpose. In a way it is a sly compliment to my mothering skills? (although doesn't show well on my disciplining ones!)

Emma Jo said...

I'm with your husband...but not because you are lazy...haven't you ever seen those movies where the robots end up taking over the lives of the humans?...oh, wait, maybe that wouldn't be so bad. Sometimes I think I robot would do a better job raising my children. Do they have any that do that?

Rockholme Lodge said...

I'd say it's about time to delegate the floor cleaning job to a couple of young men. It's time they learned the true meaning of "Dad perfect"

Twinlinebackers said...

Sure they have a robot to raise your children. It's called public school. Haha. Oh come on. That was funny.

Don't worry, I'm too much a control freak to let a robot take over my life. But he is welcome to the crumbs on my floor.

Jenn G. said...

I love your blog. Your kids are so dang cute! As far as the iRobot goes…I have a few clients that have them and they’re awesome. It’s a little freaky having something go around and work while you’re gone or busy, you have to get use to not letting it startle you. However, the kids would probably try to sit on it, kick it, or speed it up to race it around the house and it would be a goner. Buy a dustbuster and let your boys suck up the crumbs.
Remember, experience speaking...ha!
Jenn

Karla said...

Ha ha! Everything is my fault at our house too! I think my uncanny ability to know where things can be found around the house has translated into them thinking my superpower should be able to find every lost shoe, toy, brush, etc.! It's good to keep a sinse of humor about it!

Al said...

I totally remember you! I love your comments on my blog too, thx. I don't have a problem with crumbs as much as I do with milk/otter pops/juice dribbles that don't get wiped up and then act as a magnet for dirt and my feet!!! BTW, you weren't kidding about TWIN linebackers, I finally got to the Lilypie thing and realized that you really did get 2 for 1! You are my hero!

Unknown said...

here here on the robot mop, channing!

the boys are SO cute.